Samsung has often been keen on offering smartphones for the spending budget-conscious crowd and ever considering that Gingerbread came about we’ve been seeing a main push by its entry-level squad. Even although it runs on Jelly Bean, the Galaxy Fame is a bit of a blast from the previous. The spec sheet has been duly upgraded but bits of it nevertheless feel as if plucked straight out of the Galaxy lineup from two years ago.
Samsung S6810 Galaxy Fame official images
The Samsung Galaxy Fame’s single-core processor and half a gig of RAM is so far removed from today’s multi-core flagships (Samsung’s own octa-core Galaxy S4 getting a prime example), that it is pushing the border among spending budget providing and plain outdated. Let’s take a look at the important features, where the highlight is the updated Jelly Bean develop:
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G assistance
- 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and five.76 Mbps HSUPA help
- 3.5″ 256K-colour capacitive touchscreen of HVGA (320 x 480 pixel) resolution
- Android OS four.1.2 Jelly Bean with Nature UX
- 1 GHz Broadcom BCM21654G CPU, 512MB of RAM
- five MP autofocus camera with LED flash, face and smile detection
- .3MP secondary camera
- VGA video recording at 25fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n assistance Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity and GLONASS digital compass
- 4GB of inbuilt storage, microSD slot
- Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Standard 3.five mm audio jack
- microUSB v2. port with MHL
- Stereo Bluetooth v4.
- FM radio with RDS
- Dual-SIM and NFC variants obtainable
- Mediocre display
- Feeble chipset
- No dedicated camera key
- Poor video codec support
- VGA video recording
An important issue to preserve in mind is that the software program build discovered on the Samsung Galaxy Fame has come really a way considering that Android two.3. The single-core processor powering the Galaxy Fame is far from lightning fast, but the Jelly Bean create ticking inside provides you more smoothness than a similarly-spec’d device running Gingerbread could ever wish for.
The Samsung Galaxy Fame also has a couple of extras worth mentioning that you won’t often see on a smartphone scraping the bottom of the barrel. As with most of their entry level models, a dual-SIM variant is obtainable, as is a model with NFC help. There is also a front-facing camera capable of VGA video recording – a rarity in this class.
The S6810 Galaxy Fame
So it may turn out to be a case of all’s effectively that ends well with the Galaxy Fame, given that in the end the Jelly Bean application operating inside could be its saving grace. We’ll be taking a closer look at its efficiency in the chapters to come, but very first up is our usual hardware inspection.